Tuesday 16 October 2012

My Home

I look at everyone else's blogs and they're very personal! So i thought that i would start posting things to do with me and my life as well as my beautiful bows!

My first idea was to take pictures of things around my home and post them so you can understand a bit more about me! I live with my boyfriend Matthew in Rochester in Kent, England! It's such a beautiful town i love it so much! We fell in love with our apartment as soon as we saw it and just had to have it! It's only a one bedroom place but it's quite big and the bills are very affordable which is very lucky as like i said... i work in a cinema! Matthew also works in the cinema (as my manager hahaha!) That's not how i got the job by the way! When i started he was a Supervisor and has since got a promotion! I'm very proud of him!

Anyway back to our home!


this is my etch a sketch and my animal! I used to use my etch a sketch to practice my typography when i was at college! I'm officially an etch a sketch master!
Also you can see my animal that Matthew bought me! I LOVE the Muppets so much and i love Animal!!! You can also see some of my Dali books! I was a bit obsessed when i was at college and fell in love with his art!


Here's a selection of the popular DVDS in our house! Marie Antoinette is one of my favourite films ever as well as The Royal Tenenbaums, The Help and Almost Famous! As i've said we LOVE the Muppets so here we have series one and two! We also have series three but i'm not sure where i've put it! The new Muppets movie is here too because we watch it a lot! Also Elmo in Grouchland, a film i am so in love with!! I am a huge Horrible Histories fan and love love love the series so much!!!


This is our hallway! We have a little welcome matt with all my shoes on because Matts don't fit after i've put a few of mine on! My beautiful bike 'Belle' also sleeps in the hallway! Shes a 30 year old Raleigh Cameo bike with a wicker basket on her front! My dad bought her for me as an early Christmas gift as i really wanted a bike! She's the best!


I sleep far too much and i'm always trying to get into my jammys and jump in bed so i can snuggle up in these gorgeous Egyptian cotton sheets! We have strict sides of the bed! Matt's side has his Gonzo Muppet on it and mine has my Animal Muppet on it! My brother moved house recently and was going to throw away his Jim Morrison canvas so i snatched it up and put it above our bed! I love my bedroom!


It's so old fashioned and beautiful don't you think! I love my dressing table and my mirrors! But my chair.. oh my chair!!

Isn't it the best! My Mumma bought me the dressing table and the chair for £60 from a second hand furniture store in her town! I love just sitting in my chair and looking out the window, watching the world go by!

So yep a little insight to my home! I hope you liked it!!
Thanks for reading!!
xx

6 comments:

  1. woah! there are so many things I want to comment on! Okay...I'll have to make a list:
    1. I LOVE how you have an etch-a-sketch! That's awesome!
    2. I love the muppet too! But sadly, I don't have awesome toys like that. :(
    3. My mind boggles whenever I see Dali art work - but in a good way!
    4. GREAT DVD collection! Some of those are my favourites!
    5. I've just moved to England (well, when I say 'just' I mean last february) and I really want a bike with a basket! Very jealous of yours!
    6. VERY cute bedroom! LOVE the dressing table and that chair! Awesome!!
    Sorry...that was really long!! Thanks for sharing your apartment with us!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dressing table, it reminds me of one my gran had when I was little. It must be lovely to sit and get ready in the morning. You're muppet stuff is awesome too, I loved them when I was little and really enjoyed the new film. It's so cute that you and Matthew have your favourites on the bed xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I love my dressing table too, i bought it second hand so it's had a long life!! I didn't really get into the muppets when i was little, my boyfriend kind of pushed the muppets on me and i'm in love with them now!!
      Thanks for reading my blog!!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Your bike is awesome! And your dresser is just absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a look at your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome beautiful!! I love my bike too <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...